There is a line from one of our songs we sing at Church, which is
really appropriate…
“I offer all I have been through to use for your Glory”
Hi my name is Peter Andolfi
some of you know me but most don’t. I have been coming to this church for a
while on and off since 2003.
The Lord found me back in 1989, as a new Christian God opened up my
life to all possibilities but still full transformation of faith was slow because
I kept my a distance and held back things from God which he gave me in the very
first place.
I married a girl who introduced me to this church in 2005.
In 2009 God gave us a son, Andrew and that was the start my
ministry. We all have to give the next generation the things we lacked growing
up. What I lacked growing up was a personal relationship with Christ.
Introducing Jesus to my son has been very rewarding and extremely challenging. He
is now eight years old and very intuitive and has asked me questions I was not
ready to answer. My son has kept me in church because he was apart of the
children Sunday school.
Last year I had a
crisis of faith;
·
I questioned why I am doing all this; was is just doing this to give
something to my son that I needed in my life to be stronger and prepare him.
·
Am giving the Lord just lip service; and just going for him and not
myself to praise God…
I was absent from church from Thanksgiving of 2017 to Easter of
2018.
During that time the only constant practice in my life was reading
the word to my son each night. This was the most important thing I had to do
before and after paying bills and talking with my wife.
Something just before Easter was happening to me. I did not know
what it was but it felt that the Lord was being pulled back, I felt as if I was
on the cusp of something big. Back in church I found all the things that were
stumbling blocks were gone or they were not as important to me.
The need to talk with Randy became greater.
I got the chance one afternoon on the 23 of may. During our
conversation what came out was a fear of loosing my employment.
For my family’s survival I was worked two jobs for the past few
years. 65 hours per week that was 13 hours a day. Even with all those worked
hours I was able to be home to read Andrew the Bible each night.
On Monday June 4, 2018 my first job that I had my health insurance
and all the benefits, I was let me go due to budget cuts.
That morning I felt something was wrong, So upon my arrival I prayed
and read my Bible. When I received the text from my Director to meet him in HR
office; I felt as if I was going to be let go. Why I don’t know I was always
busy and was working my very hard. But I knew that it was over the closer I got
to the HR office.
I was let go Budget cuts…
For some reason I was not crushed I was numb…
I instructed my director on all that need to be addressed in my department.
I gave him the full run down on what needed to be taken care of.
How my conduct was had to be a effective wittiness to others, since
most know me as a Christian. I did not want to disgrace the Lord by being angry
and belligerent. I knew that business will run whether I am there or not.
I texted Randy to pray for me since I just lost my job. My next text
to him was “ your question should be How
much do you trust Jesus with this Peter?”
What I texted him next I texted him next was that God is going to
save me and take me out of this so I can minister to others on how real Christ
is and how he is working in my life.
It was a struggle and I suffered from doubt and felt as if I have
let my family down but, in my heart of hearts I felt that God is going to save
me from this mess I was in.
Each day was a test of faith I worked feverishly at the second Job
but I could not really sit and talk with the boss about what he was doing to do
with me. I was told I have to find another plan because I can’t connect with
this guy.
Feeling down I stayed home instead of going out with my family and I
put on the movie “Jesus of Nazareth” Something that was note worthy to me was
when he was brought to the Romans to be put to death. Jesus told Pilot when he
said, “don’t you know I have the power to make you live
or be crucified, and Jesus told him, You have no power over him unless it was
given to him from above” That’s when I realized that its not in anyone
else hands but Jesus.
So God brought me to my knees and I prayed to God, telling him what
was reveled to me. I realized I can’t do anything without Christ in my life.
Trusting not just day by day but minute by minute.
On June 21 the opportunity at second Job became permanent and it is
even better situation then before and I owe it all to Jesus!
Which made me know his presence in my life, so on August 19, 2018 I was Baptized along with my son Andrew.
I find that every situation you experience in life brings you closer to the understanding that we belong to something greater then we can ever grasp, God.
No comments:
Post a Comment