These are the paraphrased words of Christ in Matthew 16:15, my pastor today gave us a beautiful image and sermon to day. When Jesus and his disciples were walking in the area of Caes-a-re'a Philippi which was explained to me that the area where they were was an area of ruins of other pagan cultures who did all kinds of unspeakable acts in the name of there beliefs and here Jesus and his friends are walking having this conversation and Peter states that he is the Christ, son of the ever living God. I found that the dichotomy of where they are and what was being reviled was interesting. Here Jesus tell Peter he is the rock of where he will build his church. What I got from this was the concept of the understanding of who Jesus is and through this concept he was going to build his church. The interesting factor is that the Roman Catholic Church tell there followers that this is the making Peter as the first pope, which to me is a bit alien to the whole Bible. I believe that the understanding of who Jesus is to each and everyone of us is key to our foundation of what we believe. Our focus has to be on Jesus and what we can learn of his example and how we all have him only to approach God. Because our righteousness is filthy rags to God. I thank Jesus for what he did on the cross for me and that he is the only person I can believe in and that the good work he has none in me he will finish and he will never leave me nor forsake me... God Bless you all.
The image we see here is one of those images and patterns that is seen under a very powerful microscopeso for me I can see Gods love and beauty even on the micro level...

No comments:
Post a Comment