Sunday, April 29, 2012

where are we...

Today in church we had a guest speaker who had an incredible ministry. I found the attention to a message of honesty was refreshing and gave me a sense of hope.
Each Sunday I have been doing my best to get my butt out of bed and make it to the eight o'clock service. One of the most important things that I got out of the message was "I want to be what God wants me to be." We are too consumed with ourselves and need only to commune with God through God we can do what is needed to do in our lives. Trusting in only what Christ did for us upon the cross is key in our life.
I use to get up each morning and read or listen to an audio Bible now I find my self questioning weather it is just a routine or am I honestly seeking God in the morning. One of the other parts of the message was to examine yourself. We can find all the things we do are all out of vanity or just out of habit. God wants us to commune with us it is the relationship he wants. God is closer to us then anyone in our life. I would love to have God hear my cry, bring me out of the pit and make my footsteps firm and to put a song of praise in my heart and mouth. I need to trust in him for everything. Funny I have to read and pray Psalm 4 to myself. When will my belief kick in? I pray for all those like me who question themselves and examine what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment