Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Lord's Grace


How often do I read the Psalms and find myself commenting upon what is written and say to myself  when did I do this, I spend more time proving and judging myself for example:

Psalms 26

PS 26:1 Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.  –How many times do we give up on God and want to rely upon our own strengths to get through everyday things, and we miss the blessing on finding the Lord each day, or even praying our way through the day.  But we find ourselves believing that this is small and we can handle it and why bother God but that is part of the lie because the small things easily turn into very big issues and because we did not cry out to the lord in the beginning we end up getting unbalanced and loosing focus on God.  

PS 26:2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. –This is something we need to ask for each day for the help and ability to do his will.

PS 26:3 For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.  –If we hold and pray through the day we will see a different perspective. Since we are trusting every step on God we walk in his truth and instead of seeing people for the evil they do and hate them for it we have the understanding and forgive them because they don't have the help we have in God. 

PS 26:4 I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers. 
PS 26:5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked. –I have always heard the statement "Love the sinner but hate the sin." How often did we find our selves straying from God because we needed and association for the things we need in life to find our selves in the company of others who don't follow the same code you do. When we make concessions for sin we except that behavior in our life for others and not for our selves, but we are excepting the sin. I have lost friends because I did not except what they were doing, and if I remanded associated with them somewhere in my heart I can except sin when God doesn't want us to.

PS 26:6 I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:
PS 26:7 That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
PS 26:8 LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.
–Staying close to the Lord has its rewards. We can see them each day when we are seeing things through his eyes.

PS 26:9 Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:
PS 26:10 In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes. –Keep our selves close to God and reading his word will help us when we can't help being in the company of sin that we will not fall into sin. We all know that any little sin is just as bad as the biggest sin so we must hold on to the hand of God through his word to be a light to our feet to get out of any situation.

PS 26:11 But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.
PS 26:12 My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD. –Was told by a man who was close to God that the very thought of God is remembrance of him and like a prayer in its self. But I believe that to know God is to know his word and the focus should be daily.  If I can hang on to what he tells me through out each day and apply what I have learned as well as pray my way through the day his Grace will abound in my life.



So each step closer to God and Christ is always a  step ahead in the game of life... 
Remember that when we can't live up to the law we have Gods Grace... God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment